Friday, April 4, 2014

The Woman In White: The Second Adventure of the Cyanocube Bearer


THE  WOMAN  IN  WHITE:

THE  SECOND  ADVENTURE  OF  THE  CYANOCUBE  BEARER


“Oh, Michael, are you there??”

“Yes, I am here, Cyanocube Bearer, and, once again, I am so glad you called!”

“I assume this is because of the two loathsome beings planning to attack The Woman In White.”

“Indeed!  And, once again, we are “on the same wavelength”, as you Americans say!  I wish to “terminate” those two “unmen”, and I await your request for me to do so.”

“Once again, we think alike.  I hereby humbly petition you to exterminate them ASAP in whatever manner you choose to be most expeditious.”

“I shall do so at once for the unman now approaching the summit of yonder mountain, which you shall now see on the screen in front of you.  You can thereby watch his truck careen off the road and into the deep lake at its base.   Do you see it?”

“Indeed, I do!  His demise made quite a splash!”

“Yes, I abhor these iniquitous men but I do get a bit of enjoyment out of removing them from the scene.  Now, Cyanocube Bearer, I shall show you the second one, who is approaching a dismal swamp he had hoped to use for his nefarious purposes, which is now, as you see, slowly swallowing him in its quicksand.”

“Yes, I do see him and I sense his wicked hatred for the Woman In White, which has been dehumanizing him ever more, and I too rejoice in witnessing his removal from Earth into Gehenna.”


“OK, now that this is over, I shall recharge your Cube from its Magenta (low charged) state into its Cyano- (fully charged) state so that you will find it easier to contact me and for me to communicate with you.  I believe that there will be future assaults upon the Woman In White, and I wish for you to contact me immediately if you sense any kind of danger whatever.  Will you please do so?”

-1-


“Yes, I will do so with pleasure.  And thanks for the restoration of the Cyanocube.  To use another American colloquialism, I got a charge out of that!!”

“You are quite welcome.  Now I sense that you have a question about our first adventure together.  Please ask away!”

“Indeed I do – you are quite perceptive.  Please give me an update on Lady Irene, and please tell me what happened to those ornery mages.”

“I will be glad to do so.  I thank you very much for the suggestion you made.  I was pleasantly surprised that the mages repented and are now very enjoyable people, and now Lady Irene greatly enjoys being with them and they now respect her highly and give her tasks worthy of her ability.  AND, she now drives up and down the mountain in a convertible, as she did with you that time a decade ago!  And her parents have now read Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings”.  They and the other mages now have lots of fun doing their work, just as you and I do.”


                                                                     -----
    

     The Woman In White cognomen has a double referent – her sterling character and the white clothing she wears.  The name is also quite appropriate for this tale, which narrates an insidious plot against her by the forces of darkness whose leader calls himself Darth Vader and who dresses like Darth Vader.  It was “Vader” who sent forth the two assassins whose ignominious failures were reported above. 

     Since then an astounding thing has happened:  he has been converted from Darkness unto Light.  He has disposed of his Darth Vader apparel and no longer calls himself “Darth Vader”.  The righteous life lived by the Woman In White was a strong factor in his conversion.  Therefore, it is not surprising that he now wears white clothing and that he now calls himself the “Man In White”.  AND he also wears white hats, because, of course, the good guys wear white hats!


Forrest Wayne Schultz

Grantville, GA

April 12, 2014

-2-


No comments:

Post a Comment