Friday, July 14, 2017

DO NOT GET ON THAT PLANE !!!

DO    NOT    GET    ON    THAT    PLANE    !!!!!


    These words were suddenly delivered directly to my mind emphatically and authoritatively and with a strong expression of concern for my welfare!!  I immediately obeyed this command as I advanced to the front of the line and bought my ticket for the NEXT plane, which will be departing in an hour.  After this, to recuperate, I walked over to the nearby cafeteria and sat down to think about this strange thing that had just happened.

     I first contrasted what had just happened to me to what had happened to Alex in the Final Destination film after he had boarded a plane and was awaiting take off:  he was given a prophetic vision of the disaster which would happen to the plane.  He stood up, shouted out what would happen, and got off the plane along with the passengers who believed him.  While they were in the airport being questioned by the security officials, the plane exploded killing those on board.

     My experience was very different from Alex’s.  I was NOT shown what would happen if I got on board the plane.  I was simply told not to get on.  The reason for the warning could have been that some bad thing would happen to me on that plane.  Who knows?  Or the reason might be if I boarded that plane I would be missing out on a good thing that would happen to me on the next plane.  Immediately after I had that thought, I saw Joy walk up to the counter to purchase her ticket (for the next plane) after which she saw me, waved to me, and walked over to join me in the cafeteria.  (As she was walking over I hypothesized that maybe the purpose of the command was to have Joy and me be passengers on the same plane.) 

     Our conversation in the cafeteria and then later in the plane amply confirmed this hypothesis.   The result was not that we “fell” in love but that we rushed pell- mell into love and before the end of the flight I proposed to her and she accepted and ……. Need I say more??


Forrest W. Schultz             

July 14, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment